When it comes to sports, tennis is up there – it’s one of the most popular sports in the world, and people who love playing tennis often love to watch tennis matches from the pros as well. And according to Bettingexpert’s tennis tipsters, those who love placing bets on tennis can definitely benefit from some key tips and strategies. But whether you like to bet on tennis matches or just enjoy the simple thrill of a match as a viewer, it pays to know as much as you can about it – and what you can watch as well.
What to watch
The great aspect about tennis is that there are a number of different tournaments which you can watch – even from the comfort of your home. This includes the WTA for women, and the ATP for men. In addition to the ATP, there is also the ATP Challenger Tour as well as the ITF Futures tour, so you have a lot of options on which matches to view.
There are several ATP Tour events that happen regularly, and these include the 4 Grand Slam events such as the Autralian Open, the US Open, Wimbledon, and the French Open. There are also other ATP Tours which include the Masters Series 1000 and the ATP 500 series which include 13 events such as Queens Club, Dubai, and China. There is also one ATP Finals which is quite popular, which is the London World Tour Finals.
The current top players
There are a number of top players in the world of professional tennis, and it would be wise to know which ones these players are. The players for both the WTA and ATP tours have rankings according to the points they’ve earned in a period of twelve months or one year. Obviously, the number one ranked player will be the one who has earned the most number of points for a twelve-month playing period.
The best-ranked tennis players of 2017
Of course, just like in other games, there are some tennis players who are a lot better than most. You may have already heard of Rafa (Rafael) Nadal, or Venus Williams.
Here’s a list of the best-ranked tennis players of 2017 for both the ATP and the WTA.
The top-ranking players, from 1 to 10, for the ATP
- Rafael Nadal, from Spain
- Roger Federer, from Switzerland
- Andy Murray, from Scotland
- Alexander Zverev, from Germany
- Marin Cilic, from Croatia
- Novak Djokovic, from Serbia
- Dominic Thiem, from Austria
- Stan Wawrinka, from Switzerland
- Grigor Dimitrov, from Bulgaria
- Pablo Carreno Busta, from Spain
The top-ranking players, from 1 to 10, for the WTA
- Garbine Muguruza, from Spain
- Simona Halep, from Romania
- Elina Svitolina, from Ukraine
- Karolina Pliskova, from the Czech Republic
- Venus Williams, from the USA
- Caroline Wozniacki, from Denmark
- Johanna Konta, from England
- Svetlana Kuznetsova, from Russia
- Dominika Cibulkova, from Slovakia
- Jelena Ostapenko, from Latvia
If you can catch any match played by these top tennis players, you’re in for an exciting and thrilling game – one that you won’t easily forget. Happy watching!