Feb 08 2013
2. Kobe Bryant
In our lifetime, there’s hasn’t been a more mirror-image of Jordan than the Mamba.
He’s got all the moves, while being a fierce competitor who, like MJ, doesn’t allow his teammates to slack off and take a play off.
And much like some of the others on this list, Bryant’s value to the Lakers lies more than just wins and losses—though he does have five titles—and can be traced back to him being a brand in his own right.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- 6 NBA Players Who Will Be Getting Overpaid this Offseason
- 5 Things in Sports That Mean More to Us Than They Should
- Monday’s Madness: Bizarre Stuff in Space, Making Life Easier, and Why Women’s Hoops is Annoying
- The Least Deserving Athletes on SI’s Fortunate 50
- Five Professional Sports Teams Stocks We’d Buy