Jan 18 2013
We’re not sure we quite understand what state slogans are really for?
Are the residents in that state supposed to believe in them? Do they just offer a little piece of history about that state? Or are they simply just something to put on a license plate in order to give it a little bit more personality?
Since we’ve been unable to get a clear answer either from people or while Googling it, we’ve just decided to throw our arms up and give you the state slogans that are by far the lamest.
If you live in any of these states, we’re sorry, because it’s absolutely what everyone around the country thinks of you.
Alabama – “Sweet Home Alabama”
When one of the most popular slogans for the state just happens to be the name of a song that was made popular by a group that hailed from Florida, we’re not sure if that’s a good or bad thing?
It’s not like ‘Bama gets recognized for being the most educated state in the nation, so though we’d like to think the slogan wa adopted long before Lynyrd Skynyrd even picked their first guitar up, we wouldn’t put it past these Southerners for just hearing the song and running with it.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Colorado State Threw a Ridiculous Party That the Cops had to Break Up With Tear Gas
- The State of Alabama Ends the Run of Dirty Bastard Beer
- Who in the Hell Are These People?
- The Weekend Wash: Sexy Ohio State Girl, Jeisa Chiminazzo, and the latest Miss COED
- Five More Go To Drunk Karaoke Songs