Jan 23 2012
Steven Tyler? Steven Fuggin’ Tyler? What was worse; his actual singing or that scarf? How on God’s green earth does Steven Tyler make sense to sing the National Anthem before the AFC Championship? (Here’s the video in case you missed it) The guy probably doesn’t have the first clue about football. It really begs the question; why do professional sports leagues insist on having these strange celebrities sing the National Anthem?
Don’t get me wrong, there have been some very nice versions by celebrities in our day, but think about a couple of recent major events and the National Anthem. Steven Tyler (AFC Championship) – sucked and looked ridiculous. Patti LaBelle (Winter Classic) – I know she’s a legend, and native to Philadephia, but good heavens that was terrible. I’ll blame the cold because she’s old. Christina Aguilera (Super Bowl) – umm, she didn’t even know the words.
I don’t know man, maybe I’m just being a d-bag, but I don’t need to see Celine Dion singing the National Anthem. Give me some local girl or guy who can sing and treat it like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- People We Hate Singing the National Anthem
- The Scariest Pictures of Steven Tyler
- Ten National Anthem Performances that I Really Wish Were Taken Back
- 10 Videos To Suggest Why You Should Probably Keep Watching North Carolina Basketball
- Songs That are Embarrassing To Like But Are Awesome: “Two Hearts,” John Parr