Dec 07 2011
Bobby went down in a blaze of glory. Bob Vander Weide, 50, has made the decision to step down as CEO of the Orlando Magic. The rumor is that his wife (the daughter of Rich Devos who owns Amway and the Orlando Magic) hired an investigator to check in on Bobby. Apparently, he’s been cheating for a while and just got caught. It doesn’t end there… Before he ended his show, the guy called Dwight Howard at 1 am in the morning after he’d been drinking to tell the star how much he wanted him to stay in Orlando.
I think it’s important to note the fact that this dude was going to inherit the Orlando Magic one day. Talk about screwing the pooch, literally. You know the guy was cheating when he cites the old “I’m retiring to spend more time with my family” line. That translates into “I need to clean up this mess I made with my family”. If you’re going down in a blaze of glory you mine as well drunk dial one of the skanks you’re cheating on your wife with, not Dwight Howard dude.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Athletes, They’re Just Like Us: Dwight Howard
- About 20 Reasons to Love The Orlando Magic Dancers
- Dude Gets Fired For Wrestling a Shark While He Was on Sick Leave
- Athletes Who Need to Be Back in College: JJ Redick
- David Beckham Will Ignore Abuse Because of His Looks