Oct 25 2011
It really is a brilliant marketing strategy, create a product that people love and then yank it away from them for extended periods of time. That way, when it comes back, they will want it all the more.
That’s exactly what McDonalds has done with the McRib, which keeps disappearing but then coming back due to “popular demand.” McDonalds is bringing it back nationwide starting this week.
Fun fact, the guy who won McDonald’s monopoly last year? He was eating a McRib, so they’re good luck as well. They might be 500 calories with 26 grams of fat, but can you really put a price on happiness, even if that price may or may not be your life? I don’t think so.
Alright, enough talk, it’s time to go get a McRib for myself!
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Things We’d Rather Be Doing at 99 Than Teaching
- McDonald’s Is About To Drop Chicken Wings On Us?
- Why Thanksgiving is the Best Holiday of the Year
- I Really Miss Sorority Formals
- Five Things I’d Like to See At the Oscars This Year