Aug 16 2011
One of the drawbacks (yet potential benefits) of the fact that the entire world is moving online is that we’re now even less connected to people from a personal standpoint. Sure we can see their status updates and instant message with them. But we’re not seeing them or hearing them (unless you do video chat).
THe point is, no one is in the room. And what does that mean? It means that truly important things that need to be done in person are now being done online. Latest example? People are now breaking up via Facebook.
And I have to say there are some amusing examples…
Thanks to Undertow for these examples.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Four Tell Tale Signals from an IM Conversation
- Comparing Dating Now to Then: Four Examples
- 12 Fantastic Uses for Duct Tape
- Having any of these 15 Rooms Would Make you Awesome
- Photographers Giving it Their All