Jun 14 2011
I know that it’s heartbreaking where the place you work goes bankrupt, but is there any reason to herd all your customers out of the place in a hurry as soon as you get the news?
Three Marie Callender’s restaurants across Washington shut down abruptly this weekend, leaving more than 100 people without jobs. Witnesses say some customers were in the middle of meals on Sunday afternoon when they were told to get up and leave the restaurant.
“I thought it was a big joke, because I was like, ‘I still have people in the restaurant,’ and they were like, ‘they need to leave,’” said Mapp Chhim, who up until Sunday served as a manager at the Northgate Marie Callender’s location.
“There was a party of 25 in the back room. It was somebody’s birthday party, and I feel so bad that we like ruined the celebration.”
That’s a birthday party little Timmy will never forget. Well hopefully everyone got at least half a free meal in.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- The Birthday Party Club For Pets is Sickening
- The Five Most Annoying Types of Restaurant Customers
- Denny’s Is Most Popular Restaurant on Christmas Day?
- My New Favorite Phrase in the English Language: Party Cove
- Five Reasons You Should Reconsider Eating in a Restaurant