Dec 03 2010
It’s funny when you think about the laws in this country.Â Â I mean we’re at the point where we’re on the brink of legalizing marijuana in the United States.Â Yeah sure we have to do it one state at a time but the point is there are countries where if you are caught with drugs you can literally be put away for life.
We Americans complain at our laws but our laws ain’t shit compared to some other countries.Â Â Want to see some weird laws?
Check out the 10 after the jump….
1. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a womanâ€™s genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.
What if they’re vampires?
2. Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.
I wasn’t aware that this was a prevalent problem for Muslims.Â They like looking at dead body genitals so much there has to be a law?
3. The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
How Indonesia even has a population is beyond me.Â Who the hell lives there?
4. There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.Â Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
This is by far the best job I’ve seen in a long long time.
5. In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husbandâ€™s illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.
You really can’t make this stuff up
6. Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England â€“ but only in tropical fish stores.
Which explains why every single story in Liverpool is a tropical fish store.
7. In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
I have no response to this.Â None.
8. In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
Another “law” that had to pass because this was happening so often?Â What the hell is going on in Bolivia?
9. In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to do things with animals that I simply donâ€™t want to write about here, however the animals must be female.Â Having a bit of â€˜hows your fatherâ€™ with a male animal is punishable by death.
Ohhhhh.Â As long as she’s female.
10. In Maryland, USA it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only â€˜in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.â€™
Even More Uncoachable Stuff