Jul 09 2010
Because even a coin can land on heads six times in a row, an octopus in Germany has been declared psychic after correctly picking every single one of Germany’s six World Cup matches correctly, right down to their loss to Spain. And now? Germans want revenge.
Some Germans are calling for a public roasting of the oracle octopus who correctly picked the winner of all six of their national soccer team’s World Cup matches — including a bitter defeat to Spain on Wednesday.
“Nothing beats grilled octopus,” said Dolores Lusch, a Germany fan who works on a Berlin fish stall. “Cut him up in thin slices and grill him on all sides with a dash of lemon juice, olive oil and garlic on it. Delicious!”
What the hell people? This is a psychic octopus you’re talking about! He should be a national treasure, and should also tell me what tomorrow’s powerball numbers are going to be. He also might kill you with psychic brainwaves if you try anything on him.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- 20 Strange Statues from Around the World
- 10 Different Kinds of Taxis From Around the World
- 5 Idiots Stole 9.5 Tons of Garlic, Got Busted Because Their Getaway Van Smelled
- Every Fifth German has a Drinking Problem
- Amazing Crayon Sculptures By Herb Williams