Apr 27 2010
It’s a bad idea to run from the cops. It’s a worse idea to do so while drunk. It’s the dumbest possible thing you could ever do to lead the cops to your weed grow house.
Buuut that’s what Charles Byrd of Sugar Hill, Atlanta did this week, because we all need a good laugh every once in a while.
Rather than pull over for the officer, however, the driver — Byrd — leaped from the car and ran to a nearby home in the 5000 block of Cumming Highway in an unincorporated area of Gwinnett near Buford, Gwinnett police spokesman Brian Kelly said.
After obtaining a search warrant, police found and seized 69 marijuana plants in varying stages of maturity, 1,490 grams of processed pot, and marijuana-cultivating equipment.
In addition to drug charges, Byrd was charged with driving with an expired tag and no headlights after dark, making an improper turn, and not having his license with him while driving.
All in all, the police took in a crop of pot worth $375K. Byrd’s buddy who was at the house was also arrested, and was surely quoted as saying, “Dude you took the cops on a car chase and ended up HERE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Hero/Idiot Calls Cops on Himself for Drunk Driving
- Mayoral Candidate Blames Burglars for Planting Drugs on Him
- How to Get Attention in Your Home Town
- So Marlon Byrd Was Given a 50-Game PED Suspension for Using a Breast Cancer Drug….
- Fifth Grader Brings Pot to School so His Dad Would Stop Smoking It