Mar 04 2010
Laws were made for a reason.Â From my perspective they were made so that there might be some order in the world.Â And typically most laws seem to make sense.Â I mean it’s obvious that to kill someone it would be wrong (in most cases) and having strict penalties for committing this crime serves “justice.”
If you decide to throw all your garbage onto what is considered to be a clean street, well then you should probably pay a fine.Â Without laws, we’d probably have chaos.Â So I don’t mind certain laws.
But there are some laws out there that you will not believe.Â That you cannot believe.Â And yes, they are real.
Here are 10 impossible to believe real laws
Thanks to DJ Mick for finding these
1.Â In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a womanâ€™s genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.
I’m sure in Bahrain people are very very healthy these days.Â Are you kidding me?Â I mean that’s taking the whole “please cough” to new heights.Â I’m sure they’re extremely dependent on that.
2. Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.
I wasn’t aware that genital watching of dead people was such a big problem.Â I guess I underestimated the Muslims.
3.Â The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
I refuse to believe this law is true.Â I officially refuse to believe this.
4.Â There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time.Â Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
Best. Job. Ever.
5.Â In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husbandâ€™s illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.
I guess it’s only fair.Â If you have the skills to pull it off, kill the bastard.Â I mean using a weapon, what’s the fun in that?Â But you might as well use a bazooka on the bitch that he slept with.
6. Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England â€“ but only in tropical fish stores.
Well I mean sure, as long as it’s fish.Â Now I know my first tourist stop when I get to Liverpool.
7.Â In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
This has crazy porn movie written all over it.
8. In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
Well that’s just plain sad isn’t it?Â I figured this was happening on a daily basis over there.
9. In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to do things with animals that I just donâ€™t want to write about here, however the animals must be female. Having a bit of â€˜hows your fatherâ€™ with a male animal is punishable by death.
10. In Maryland, USA it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only â€˜in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.â€™
Hahahaha.Â America Rules.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff