Oct 08 2009
Sporting News magazine named Pittsburgh its number one sports city today, beating out 398 other towns in the United States and Canada. It is the 16th year the magazine has issued its Best Sports Cities rankings and the first time Pittsburgh was so anointed, largely because of the dual Steelers and Penguins championships.
Oh yeah, I forgot the NHL was still around. I’m pretty sure what put them over the top was some of the Steelers player appearances on Monday Night Raw the other night.
Well that or the fact that Big Ben is a machine out there on the field.
Which kind of begs the question. What in all that is holy is wrong with the Pirates? I mean hell, even Philly puts up decent sports teams all around. Can’t the Pirates do something? I’m calling bullshit on ownership on this one.
Anyway, congrats Pittsburgh. Your town is still really ugly and I would never live there. I’m not nearly tough enough.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Big Ben to Make a Monday Night Raw Appearance
- These Guys Seem Like Real Winners To Me
- Uncoached News: Just One Letter Off, Pittsburgh Changes its Name to Sixburgh
- A Collection of Cute Pirate Girls
- Steelers Girls Lead the PM Portfolio