Sep 16 2009
Paint them white and these amazing structures remind me strongly of something you would see in Star Wars…
The Maunsell Army Sea Forts are possibly the only valid reason I can think of to visit Shoeburyness East where they can be seen from boat, or beach on a clear day. I love them – I guess in much the same way I find Dungeness (and it’s mini steam train) appealing. They are also one of my favorite pieces of architecture
And while I think that “Cakehead Loves Evil” is quite an interesting name for a website, I can’t disagree with the guy. Some of this stuff does look an awful lot like Star Wars buildings, weapons, etc etc.
Check it out pictures and a video after the jump
Constructed in 1942 these astonishing structures were anti-aircraft tower-forts constructed in 1942 to form part of the Thames Estuary defense network. Each fort consists of a cluster of seven stilted buildings surrounding a central command tower
Here’s the video
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Star Wars is Way More Hardcore Than you Remember
- Some of the Sexiest Foreign Singers Doing Their Thing
- The 10 Worst Dating Service Videos I’ve Ever Seen
- WTF? Naked ‘Star Wars’ Gardening Day Was Yesterday?
- A Collecton of 20 Randomly Funny Dork Filled Star Wars Pictures