Aug 27 2009
By no means is an album cover indicative of the music that lays inside it, but I for one can certainly appreciate a creative album cover. It says a little about the artist that you’re about to listen to. Or at least it should. Sometimes they are really artsy. Sometimes they are flat out “sex sells” types of covers.
Bottom line, I think if you’re gonna lay down some great music for an album, a fair amount of thought and effort should go into the cover. Taking it a step further, some people decided to combine album covers of different genres to form “new” album covers that come off as a bit strange and sometimes comical.
Here are 15 examples of such mashups.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Possibly The 15 Worst Record Album Covers Ever
- 15 of the Worst Album Covers in History
- Just the Tip Tuesday: Nearly Happened Album Covers, Sexy City Slickers, and Funny Sports Movie Characters
- 15 Hilarious Album Covers
- Awesome Retro Record Cover Mashups