Jun 09 2009
Remember cute little Bastian from Neverending Story? How about D.A.R.Y.L? How about Cocoon? How about this frigging kid was in every movie in the 80′s that featured a 7-10 year old boy. His real name is Barret Oliver and unfortunately as soon as the dude went through puberty and had a role in Cocoon II: The Return, his acting career was over.
So what’s the little gipper up to now?
In 1988 or 1989 he became a member of the Church of Scientology. In 1989 he was asked by Paul Bartel to take on the role of Willie Saravian in Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills. Here Barret broke new ground, as his role was that of a diseased teenager with sexual fantasies. This became his last known acting role as of early April 2008.
As of early April 2008, Oliver was working as a teacher of photography classes in Los Angeles, and Oliver was one of the 10 featured emerging photographers in the 2007 Silverstein Photography Annual (SPA).
Well how about that? He’s still goofy looking though.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- Whatever Happened to Bastian from “Neverending Story?”
- Whatever Happened to That Little Punk From Problem Child?
- She’s Uncoachable: April Scott Deserves Another Mention
- School Disco Is Where You Go To See Schoolgirls Partying
- Bengals Cheerleader Pleads Guilty Faces Sentencing for Making a Boy’s Dreams Come True