Feb 24 2009
Marvin Harrison, one of the most productive wide receivers in NFL history, reportedly has requested to be released by the Indianapolis Colts.
Citing an unidentified source, NFL.com reported on Sunday that Harrison and the Colts have failed to agree on a restructured contract, prompting the eight-time Pro Bowler to ask for his release.
The 36-year-old Harrison, clearly on the downside of his Hall-of-Fame career, will cost the Colts approximately $13.4 million on the salary cap. If the Colts cut Harrison, they would save nearly $7 million against the cap.
While the story is already two days old, I wanted to mention it because I think that Marvin Harrison has now had this two days to reflect on his career. I’m sure Peyton Manning will be sad to see his receiver go but Manning should always be assured to know that Harrison will always be employed.
If Harrison can’t cut it in the NFL anymore, he could always be a Wayne Brady stunt double.
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- 15 Staches We Can’t Ignore
- The Biggest Celeb Sellouts
- She’s Uncoachable: Laura Colleen is the Perfect College Girl
- ASU Cuts Three Sports From Their Program – Cricket Should Be Added
- She’s Uncoachable: Nicole Harrison Leaves Nothing Off the Table