Jan 06 2009
If you were to sum up the last 50 years of the NBA using only Sports Illustrated album covers, how would you do it? That’s the task I decided to give myself. The league has seen it’s share of ups and downs, amazing feats, and personal accomplishments. So considering there were nearly 300 covers to choose from, it was tough to narrow it to twenty five.
However, I think I’ve done a superb job with my selections. From your Bob Cousy’s in the world, up on through to the future legends of this league, here are 30 of the best NBA Sports Illustrated covers.
When he was called Lew
I had to put in the 70′s Knicks
Pistol! This guy was amazing and was the first “modern” player
The Doctor! ABA starts a new trend in the NBA
Walton the Warrior
The First MJ.
How was this guy ever good? Love it.
No words to describe this. He was in over 20 covers. I had to choose this one.
Most influential draft day ever
Human Highlight Film
Great team in the early 90′s
The Bad Boys start an annoying defensive trend
Here he comes!
High School explodes in the NBA
Had to get Iverson in there
NBA goes international
The big fundamental. So boring
Had to get D-Wade in there
The Green Machine
From Russell to KG
Even More Uncoachable Stuff
- The Best Fantasy League Out there: The Chesapeake Watershed Fantasy Football League
- Just the Tip Tuesday: Best SI Models of All Time, Objects Falling from the Sky, and Places to Visit Before you Die
- 30 NFL Covers From Sports Illustrated That I think Represent the League Quite Nicely
- Monday’s Madness: Actors Who Look the Same on Posters, Swimsuit Model Top Ten, and UEFA Champions League Fans
- Cheerleaders of the Week: Oklahoma City Thunder Girls